Sexuality Clinic of San Diego :
Board Certified Sexologist
Licensed Psychologist (AZ)
Board Certified Psychiatric Clinical Nurse Specialist (CA)
Fellow & Diplomat of the American Board of Sexology
Registered Nurse (CA)
Geriatric Care of San Diego
Psychotherapy of San Diego
Golf Hypnosis for Success
Sexuality Clinic of San Diego
“Expert Opinion: Sex Addiction and Tiger Woods” ABC-KGTV News San Diego, 2010View Link
“Treatment for Sex Addiction” Fox News, KWSB, San Diego 2010View Link
“Is Sex Addiction Real” Expert Interview, The Mancow Show, Nationally Syndicated Radio, Chicago, 2010
“Expert Opinion on Sex Addiction” Radio Show Panama City Florida, WILN- FM, 2010
“Expert Opinion on Masturbation” Radio Show Panama City Florida, WILN-FM, 2010
Expert Opinion on Mind Game of Golf: Time Magazine, “Tiger at the Masters: An Ultimate Test of Toughness,” (on-line edition) April 2010View Link
“Golf Psychology and Hypnosis” KUSI News, San Diego, June 2004
“Sexual Desire in Women” Fox News, San Diego, May 2004
“Cuddle Parties” Expert Opinion, NBC News, November 2004
“The Yips” NBC News Affiliates, INNX: 2001
“Transsexual Kills Therapist, Expert Opinion” KFMB News San Diego, 2000
“Sex and the Elderly” KNSD News San Diego, 1990
Understanding the pain, understanding the problem and most importantly understanding the process for change and acceptance by the individual is the professional expertise provided by Dr. Silbert. Her educational and employment background is the foundation for a holistic approach to care. Integration of medicine, psychology, sociology, and most importantly family and couple dynamics promotes successful intervention. The therapeutic process integrates psychodynamic, cognitive and behavioral theories to promote understanding and change for individuals and couples for a variety of issues and problems.
Sexuality: All problems which interfere with Libido, Sexual Desire, Arousal and Orgasm, Sexual Pain Syndromes, Pelvic Pain Disorders, Sexual Orientation, Sexual Role Behavior, Sexual Identity, Sexual Abuse, Infertility, Extra-Marital Affairs, Sexual Addiction.
Sexual counseling for individuals and couples to achieve sexual satisfaction, improve communication, decrease anger and sadness, enhance stategies to cope with reality, enhance performance and creativity.
Psychological Issues: Depression, Loss, Stress, Anxiety, Anger, Sadness, Grief, Panic, Self-Esteem, Addiction, Physical and Emotional Abuse, Dementia, Medical Illness, Sex and Cancer, Feeling Unfulfilled, Wishing Life were Different, Struggling with the Blues.
Coping and Adaptation to Medical Conditions: Acute and chronic problems, Death and Dying.
Developmental Issues: Adolescence to Geriatrics, Family Conflict, Relationship Problems, Employment Problems.
Denise T. Silbert RN, CNS, Ph.D., FAACS
LICENSE and CERTIFICATION:
· Clinical Psychologist, AZ #1407
· Psychiatric Clinical Nurse Specialist, CA #CNS100
· Registered Nurse, CA #310497
· Certified Specialist: ANCC Certification Clinical Specialist
in Adult and Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing: #0305905-01
· Diplomate and Board Certified Sex Therapist and Supervisor:
The American Board of Sexology
· Ph.D. in Psychology – United States International University,
San Diego, 1987
· M.S. in Psychiatric Nursing - Ohio State University - 1979
· B.S. in Nursing with Distinction – University of Arizona -1977
· Advanced Training in Human Sexuality and Hypnosis
· Continuing Medical Education in Geriatric Care, Psychotherapy and Clinical Research
Private Practice La Jolla,CA 1987-Present
Areas of expertise are:
· Cognitive and Behavioral Brief Psychotherapy/Crisis Intervention
· Psychodynamic Psychotherapy
· Coping and Adaptation to Medical Conditions
· Developmental Issues of Aging
· Depression, Grief, Loss, PTSD, Stress, Self-Esteem
· Physical and Emotional Abuse
· Drug, Alcohol and Sexual Addiction
· Golf and Sports Performance
· Human Sexuality Education and Therapy
Executive Director: Eagle Eye Research Center (EERC) 2001- Present La Jolla, CA
Consultant: CNS, Sexual Health, and Medicine Clinical Trials
San Luis Rey Hospital 1997-1999 San Diego, CA Psychiatric Assessment Team Member: Provided on-site and/or telephone crisis intervention of clients in a drug/alcohol and or psychiatric emergency. This occurred in various hospitals, clinics, schools and other community agencies. Intervention included verbal and written assessment, evaluation, referral and disposition of all clients. Assessment of suicide, homicide and/or grave disability was paramount.
UCSD Medical Center San Diego,CA 1980-1984 Administrative Registered Nurse: Evening administrator on a locked seventeen-bed acute care adult psychiatric unit. Responsibilities included program planning, assessment, implementation and evaluation for patient care, interdisciplinaryfunctioning, staff development, education, supervision and evaluation.
Southwest Community Mental Health Center Columbus, Ohio 1979 REGISTERED NURSE: Crisis counselor in a community mental health center primarily responsible for initial assessment to evaluate mental status and immediate needs of safety and care for eventual triage to hospital, community resources, family and other professionals.
St. Luke’s Hospital Phoenix, AZ 1978 REGISTERED NURSE: Employed as a Registered Nurse on a detoxification unit of a twenty-one day in-patient alcoholic and drug treatment center. Primary responsibilities included initial evaluation and continuous monitoring of physical and psychological status.
St. Joseph’s Hospital Phoenix,AZ 1977 REGISTERED NURSE: Employed as a Registered Nurse in a medical and respiratory intensive care unit.
President and Board Member: San Diego Society of Sex Therapy and Education (1987-1991)
Sexuality Educator: Ohio State University and UCSD Extension Programs for health professionals
· Silbert, D.T., 1981, “Human Sexuality Growth Groups,”
Journal of Psychiatric Nursing / Mental Health Services 19, No.2: 31-34.
· Silbert, D.T., 1984, “Sexuality As A Clinical Consideration in The Treatment of Depression,” Journal of Sex Education and Therapy, Vol.10, No.1.
· Silbert, D.T., 1987, Masturbation in Relation to Sexual Morality, Dissertation Abstracts International, August v48 (n2-B): 599; 241 pgs. Original Research/Dissertation.
· Silbert, D.T., 1997, The Adventures of Abraham, In the Beginning, Children’s book about the process of loss and change, Unpublished Manuscript.
· Silbert, D.T., 1999, "Golf Hypnosis for Success," Thirty-minute audio self-hypnosis CD to improve golf performance and enjoyment.
CLINICAL RESEARCH TRIALS:
May 2002: Eagle Eye Research Center, San Diego, CA
Executive Director of Clinical Site: Subinvestigator, Clinical Research Nurse Coordinator: Cellegy Pharmaceutical, Inc.: Protocol TF 02-02-01, Testosterone Gel Study,“An Evaluation of CP601B, 0.5% Gel in Female Sexual Dysfunction due to Androgen Insufficiency” Phase II/III, ten month study.
July 2002: Genesis Center for Clinical Research, San Diego, CA Sexology Expert: Independent Consultant to Asses and Diagnose Female Sexual Arousal Disorder and other Female Sexual Dysfunctions in relation to eligibility criteria. Pfizer Global Reseasrch and Development: Protocol # A1481123 – Clinical Research Trial of Oral Sildenafil Citrate in women diagnosed with Female Sexual Arousal Disorder. Phase III.
DR. DENISE T SILBERT
RN, CNS, PhD, FAACS
Dr. Silbert has the knowledge and experience to actively educate her clients about the process of therapy and change for optimum functioning and contentment!